Ed Sirett

Default Ariston or Vokera boiler?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:31:02 +0100, stuart noble wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote in message ...
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:52:17 +0100, stuart noble wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote in message ...
That's a fair price if the guy flushes the system out as per

instructions.
Hm. A couple of replacements I know of were done without the flushing
("extra £400 guv"). What does it consist of exactly? Is it just running
mains pressure water round the system, or something more complicated?

You don't really need to do anything other than organize for water to come
in at one end and the dirty water to out at the other.
I have yet to be convinced of the use of pumps and other gadgets.

Most boiler instructions will ask for existing circuits to be flushed out
at least once.

At the very least the installer should sign to say he has flushed the
system etc. in the log book because the warranty might depend on it.

A boiler could be exchanged safely and working OK without folling all the
instructions in a day in which case £350 is a bit steep, or maybe I'm too
'reasonable'.

Thanks, Ed.
Which part of the country are you in?

North London.