Default bridge two points with mineral based water. . .

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a little experiment where I can take well water that's
heavy in minerals to bridge two wires. This works with AC, however, I was
hoping to use a DC source to make it portable. My original test was to
modify a flash light at the back end and put the back end with small points
on that outside that would bridge once submersed in the water. If I take a
piece of wire between the two point the light comes on, however, putting it
in the heavily mineraled water does not.

Thanks,
Ken