Todd H.

"69strat" writes:
I just talked with a lawyer who specializes in real estate, and he said
that unless I have in writing that it was to remain a culdesac, there
is nothing I can do. He went on to say, the original builder sold the
land to someone else and they can do what they want with the
property.

While that is generally true (and certainly the easiest and least-work
thing for the attorney to say) there are possibly other avenues to at
least getting a fence up, or working with the local process.

The land next to us was unfinished land and were sold off to the new
builders on this culdesac.

Hopefully you weren't under the mistaken assumption that this land
would remain vacant forever though.

The house across the culdesac and us are the only ones on the
circle. There was room for two more houses here on the culdesac.

I feel sick!

That blow. I feel bad for ya.

I might be getting that thing on the market pronto and seeing if you
can find a buyer, or planning to dig in and wait it out, and see what
you can do in fighting city hall as it were. But, in general, if you
don't own it, you can't control it, and if it's not in writing, all
bets are off. :-\

Good luck!

Best Regards,
--