Rick

wrote in message
oups.com...
hello all, i am building an addition on to our house in NJ. I have
applied for all the permits, and have been told that they are all

ok,
except for the plumbing. They asked that i supply "a proper

sanitary
and vent riser diagram".

What should each of these diagrams contain. Going into the

addition,
is a new master bath (toilet, dual sink, seperate shower, and

whirlpool
tub), a laundry room (washer and a sink), and two outdoor hose bibs.

Should this diagram, include each of the connections to these pieces

of
hardware? Do i need to show the connection sizes and the types?

Does
the diagram need to show both floors in one diagram? also how many
fixtures can be on one roof vent?

Any insite on this that any of you can cast, is greatly appreciated.

As Jim suggested, they will probably expect a good isometric DWV
drawing, not an artistic rendering. The library or bookstore should
have examples if you can't find them on the web. Also check out the
books at Lowes or Home Depot. Look for a "Code Check Plumbing" there
for more info.

You will need to add up all the FUs (fixture units) for your fixtures
to determine the vent to roof (VTR) size