CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

69strat wrote:
My wife and I ended up getting water in our basement twice this season
because the sump pump couldn't run with a power outage during heavy
rains. Only about .25" of rain, but enough to cover the whole basement.

we threw most of what got wet out. But I recently realized we missed a
few things. I threw them out and noticed there is a couple greenish
looking marks on the concrete floor where the items sat. Kinda looks
like it could've been drawn with a pen or crayon. Could this fungus of
some kind.

I had the AC running and two dehumidifiers running nonstop. It's very
cool and dry the last couple of days so I have the windows open in the
basement. the smell isn't as bad but it's still there.

I am reading that I should use a mixture of bleach/water to clean the
floor. My wife is eight months pregnant and we don't want those fumes.
Is there something else that's safe or will simply airing it out do
the trick of getting rid of all the smell?

Bleach / water should be fine. You drink it every day anyway if you
have city water. Send her to moms house for the day while you get up in
the am and mop that thing fully. Pregnant women can be sensitive to
smells, but chlorene is common and she may not be as sensitive to it.

Open Windows. Mop the basement with bleach and water. If you have
sewer drains in the basement hit once more with bleach. Then hit it a
third time with genuine Pine Sol. You will be ok.

Get a backup sump. Im sure you make enough in one day to buy one. And
its going to take a days worth of work for you to clean the mess up.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert