Leon

"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...
Snip

Would the insurance company pay replacement price or some concocted
devalued amount giving me pennies per tool?

It all depends on what you buy. ASK questions, don't go tot he agent and
tell him to simply sell you insurance. Tell him what you expect out of your
policy.

How would I prove what I have? A fire would burn up the folder with
the receipts and that is only the receipts for the big-ticket items(not
one in there for the two $50 dollar screwdrivers).

My agent took pictures. Make copies of receipts and keep them in a fire
sage or at another location. Standard procedure for protecting valuable
information.