Mike Pio

Default Delta X5 Shaper Spindle Sizes

Hello,

I own a Delta shaper model 43-495X (3 HP, X5). Delta claims the maximum
spindle size available for this tool is 1 inch (I submitted a question and
they sent me a tech support email stating this). Looking around, I find the
most popular shaper cutters to be either 3/4" or 1 1/4". While I could get
by with 3/4", it would be convenient if I could use some 1 1/4" cutters (but
not on a regular basis). So I'm wondering if Delta is just following legal
mumbo jumbo and there really is some way I can use a 1 1/4" cutter SAFELY on
this machine.

Delta does sell a 1 1/4 spindle but I don't think it's designed to fit in
this machine. Does anyone know if there is, in fact, a safe way to do this?
I'd appreciate the input.

-Mike