RayV

Default Insurance stories?

My father used to tell me, "Life insurance is the worst bet you can
ever make. You're betting that you'll die; they're betting you'll
live".

I was looking for a part and then somehow made it to the snap-on
website and saw the current price for the ratcheting screwidriver
($51.70). I have two of these. I got to thinking...

How much $$$,$$$.$$ would it take to replace my tools in the event of
theft, fire, etc.?

Would the insurance company pay replacement price or some concocted
devalued amount giving me pennies per tool?

How would I prove what I have? A fire would burn up the folder with
the receipts and that is only the receipts for the big-ticket items(not
one in there for the two $50 dollar screwdrivers).

Yeah there is furniture, appliances, clothing and other stuff in the
house but what about the tools? Any experiences with tool losses and
insurance companies?