Leon

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
I guess I'm naturally slow. So no, it doesn't make sense. Of course, I
still don't know (or really care) if my saw is right or left tilt.

But, I am right handed, very right handed, so I put the fence to the left
of the saw blade, I stand to the left, and for safety stand to the left of
the fence, then I push with my right hand (because I am right handed).
What's wrong?

If I were to put the fence to the right and stand out of way of the board
(if it kicks back) I would have to stand to the right of the fence and
feed with my left hand (or twist impossibly to feed with my right hand).

You will find with time that standing anywhere behind the blade makes you
vunerable of being hit by a kick back. Kick back absolutely does not go
straight back from the blade every time. The best way to prevent kick back
is to have a secure hold on the wood all the time. If you are not securely
holding the wood the vibration of the saw can cause the board to jam between
the fence and blade and then it can go anywhere.