Mortimer Schnerd, RN

George E. Cawthon wrote:
I appreciate you statement, but I just don't
understand where a right handed person puts there
hands/push sticks if you have the fence to the
right of the blade. And yes, I left out "wood,"
i.e., ". . .push the appropriate part of the wood
. . ."

So, my question is where specifically do you place
your hands. For convenience, assume a 10" board
3 feet long you want an 8" wide by 3' long piece.

I'm right handed and the way I'd deal with this is to set the fence 2" to the
right of the blade, stand on the left and push with my right hand while guiding
with my left hand. The smaller cut off is going to be between the blade and the
fence so if it launches, at least it's the smaller of the two pieces and I'm
over to the side out of the line of fire. This also gives me the wider portion
of the wood to push against.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE