"Thanks for the ideas and help everyone. I have not contacted a lawyer

yet. This is our first house and well, not sure about all this.

I contacted the zoning dept. and he said "you surely had to know about
this when you bought the house". I said we did not and the builder
sold the land. Plans were then changed. Why would the builder pay for

all that extra concrete for the culdesac, if he planned on putting a
through street in.? "

I'd get over to town hall immediately and find out exactly what
happened. I'd be nice about it. Just explain what happened from your
point of view as you outlined aboove and ask them to show you
documents, applications, approvals, permits, etc that show the sequence
of events. It certainly is strange to put in a culdesac and then add a
road. If the builder originally had it planned for a culdesac and did
not follow the correct approval process to add a road, you are in a
good position. In every place I know of, this could not have happened
without notifying people with properties that are close by. Did you
ask neighbors what they know? You may be able to get them to share the
cost of a lawyer. (BTW, if you do that, draw up a simple agreement in
writing to share the cost and get them to sign it).

If the builder did have the new street in the original plans and
marketed the homes on the culdesac as such, without telling you that a
street would be added, I think all of the homeowners on the culdesac,
especially you, have a good case against him for fraud. In any case,
I'd get my ass in gear right now. If the facts are on your side, a
lawyer could get an injunction to halt what they are doing until the
case is heard. That alone is a powerful weapon. The longer it goes on
and the more work that is done, the worse position you are in, at least
as far as having it undone.