mr_spade mr_spade is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D. Zacharias
Hello,

I tried a new laser pickup and it did not fix it. Seems to be the same
problem.

The spindle motor is spinning the disc, but it will not read the DVD or
CD.

I would pay the high price for a new motor, if that is even the problem.
Anybody know of a place that sells this motor cheaper that Sony?

The unit is trying to read the disc and I can hear the laser trying to
focus.

I guess it's possible the motor will not reach the proper speed or has
trouble staying at the proper speed. I'm really not sure.

If you add a new laser pickup, do you have to calibrate it?

Any Ideas on this?

TIA
Jim

Many (most) laser pickups have a solder short which must be cleared before
the new pickup will function.

Mark Z.

Hi
Check that the solder earth point is unsolderd.
Also on this model there are two low value resistors or circuit protectors cannot remember from memory but they can cause this kind of problem.
I will try and find the mod sheet out. let me know if you want it.
I also have a complete dvd pick up assy that includes the spin motor, sled motor and lazer brand new original sony if you want to buy it
Regards

Mr_Spade