Jeremy Collins

Default Building Regs

blakey9000 wrote:

I'm currently having a loft conversion done. My architect drew up the
plans and they have been submitted and approved by building regs. The
build is now nearly finished, but one of the guys from the loft
company said that the building inspector my insist that I have a wall
built downstairs, for fire regs. Bearing in mind that the building has
been altered according to the submitted and approved plans can the
Building regs people then change their minds? If so it strikes me as a
bit bonkers having commiteed 25K to this build so far and I really
dont want any of it changing.

I think it depends what you want to call it - if you want
to claim the house now has an extra bedroom, then you have
to follow more regs than if you simply call it a loft
conversion.

--
jc

Remove the -not from email