George E. Cawthon

David wrote:
Vic Baron wrote:

Well, after reading yet another left tilt vs right tilt thread g I
thought
I'd pose a different question.

When ripping ( blade vertical) - do you put the fence to the left of the
blade or to the right? Same with the miter gauge in crosscuts - left or
right slot? And why?

Thanx,

Vic

to the right. I'm right handed so naturally I stand to the left. the
fence being on the right is "natural". Make sense???

Dave

I guess I'm naturally slow. So no, it doesn't make
sense. Of course, I still don't know (or really
care) if my saw is right or left tilt.

But, I am right handed, very right handed, so I
put the fence to the left of the saw blade, I
stand to the left, and for safety stand to the
left of the fence, then I push with my right hand
(because I am right handed). What's wrong?

If I were to put the fence to the right and stand
out of way of the board (if it kicks back) I would
have to stand to the right of the fence and feed
with my left hand (or twist impossibly to feed
with my right hand).