Vic Baron

"David" wrote in message
Vic Baron wrote:

Well, after reading yet another left tilt vs right tilt thread g I

thought
I'd pose a different question.

When ripping ( blade vertical) - do you put the fence to the left of the
blade or to the right? Same with the miter gauge in crosscuts - left or
right slot? And why?

Thanx,

Vic

to the right. I'm right handed so naturally I stand to the left. the
fence being on the right is "natural". Make sense???

Dave

OK - that's the way I do it and for the same reason BUT - standing to the
left with the fence on the right puts the blade in line with my arms or
belly. Wouldn't that be considered an unsafe practice? FWIW, I've not even
had a "near miss" doing it that way in all the years I've been using a TS.
Actually, I've had more kickbacks from a router table.

Vic