David

Vic Baron wrote:

Well, after reading yet another left tilt vs right tilt thread g I thought
I'd pose a different question.

When ripping ( blade vertical) - do you put the fence to the left of the
blade or to the right? Same with the miter gauge in crosscuts - left or
right slot? And why?

Thanx,

Vic

the miter gauge is a different story. It depends on the the cut. I use
either side depending on the type of cut. A 45 degree cut at the left
end of a board would be cut from the right side (assume you can't just
flip the board over because there is a profile on the top side) and an
angled (45 or whatever) cut at the right side of a board would be cut
using the left slot. think picture frame cuts.

Dave
Dave