Dave Harnish

You'll see a couple of oil holes on the top of your
Mixmaster. Just work a few drops of a good grade
of oil, like sewing machine oil, in there (please, no
WD-40!), and I'll bet it runs. The other posts about
the cord is good advice. If it's cracked or split, run it
briefly to see if it works, but plan on having it replaced
if you're going to use it. Not real hard to replace, but
there's some soldering involved to do it right.

Btw, I buy Mixmaster motors for parts if you ever want
to sell it. Also have the service and owner's manuals,
scanned directly from our originals, available he
http://www.DavesRepair.com/pdfmanuals/MMmanpkgspcl.htm

Hope that's of some help.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair
technician! Get your monthly email newsletter he
(Back issues now posted too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

John 3:3

"B" wrote in message
om...
I have a 50 year old Sunbeam electric cake mixer, and I suspect

it was
working when my mother made a cake with it 25 years ago. I'd

like to test it
out and maybe use it for light-duty mixing. Is there some kind

of
maintenance I should do to the motor before firing it up? Could

it have gone
bad just sitting in the closet, or is it likely to work as well

as it did
last time it was turned on? Thx.