Mary Fisher

"Set Square" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

You don't have to look at all. I got tired of answering the front
door to "ding-dong" bells which were on the TV, so I opened ours up
and switched the chimes round. Then it went "dong-ding" instead.

We don't have a telly ...

Mary

How about a steam radio? Don't they ever have doorbells in radio drama -
or
even in soaps, like the Archers?

Steam? there's posh.

Ours run on crystals :-)

We have wall-to-wall Radio4/World Service 24/7 but I can't remember hearing
door bells even on the Archers. Spouse is always confused when he hears a
telephone on radio and rushes to the nearest handset (one in every room)
whereas I always know that it's broadcast. The phones are nowhere near the
radios and the noise is directional. No wrap-round sound for us :-) Come to
that, there are no radios near the front or back doors either.

Mary