Jim

"Pounds on Wood" wrote in message

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
wrote
in message news
Table saws usually come (so it appears to me) with left-tilt mechanisms.
However, you can opt with many manufacturers to buy a right-tilt version.

I won't jump into these religious wars, but will note that I think you
have
the above backwards. Right tilt pre-dates left tilt in most saw models.
Left tilt has become widely available in the last ten years.

I don't think you will find any models in left tilt only, but you may
still
find some in right tilt only.

Really? My left tilt Craftsman is at least 50 years old. It still has the
original repulsion-induction motor (which were last made new in 1953).
As for the controversy, what you like is the one that you use.
Jim