User Example

user wrote:
Thanks..

Well, he did suggest that it might be a leak, but he first suggested
that we should wait for it to blow cool air, and then if it doesn't,
then call him out again for a leak search..

Is there any way to tell that the leak is coming from the machinery in
the attic above, or from the actual unit outside, (where the fan is)

They have ways of detecting leaks and there are different ways of doing
it. For what it is worth, my house has 2 A/Cs (upstairs and
downstairs). They both developed leaks in the evaportator coils after
about 10 years. I noticed the problem when the evaporators started
iceing up. The A/C guys found the problem almost instantly so I guess
it is a common thing. It cost about $1200 for each coil replacement. Ouch.