Default posting 20050824

The scientists said they were able to show in their early research that the
fused cell "was reprogrammed to its embryonic state." Such a breakthrough co
uld have the effect of taming a biting national debate about the ethics of s
tem-cell research, but not any time soon.
"Something for us boys to look forward too, then," Ben said.
I turned the wheel and drove gingerly towards the black cube. When the bumpe
r nudged against the cube's surface, I lightly tapped on the gas pedal. Ther
e was a slight resistance, and then almost a tearing as the cube's surface e
nveloped the pickup.
"It's a distinction without difference," Gwedif said, quietly. "At least, fo
r most of us. That's why the ientcio had to say that he was being polite."