Mary Fisher

"Martin Bonner" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
Well, I don't suppose it matters that you sell to the gullible ...
their
money's as good as anyone else's.

I can imagine someone doing up a place to rent out to want it to look
good, but surely most buying somewhere would prefer the cheapest possible
price and then redecorate, etc, to choice?

Well of course *we* would always prefer to buy somewhere and do it up
(see below), but most people just want something they can move into.

(Footnote: At least that's what I've always thought, but it's funny how
all our houses have been pretty well done-up when we moved it. The
next one we are going to be much more careful about looking behind the
coat of paint etc.)

Yes, I'd be very suspicious about the smell of paint.

Mary