Learning to grind HSS is not a big deal. If you had someone to show
you, it would take about ten minutes to learn 90 % of it. Out of a
book a bit longer, but basically there are three surfaces to consider.
The side, the front and the top. On cut off tools there are two sides,
but still not a big deal.

Dan

manytoys wrote:
Thanks for all the good advice. I have some work to do sourcing
equivalents in South Africa, but our steel industry is fairly good. I
know stainless 303 is available on order. I will collate all the info
and the results of my experiments an post it when completed.
Seems I will have to learn to grind HSS, damnit....