SQLit

"Bruiser" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an inground concrete pool and I want to build a timber deck
around it. The deck will only be about 250mm from the ground to match
the height of the top of pool. My question is, is it safe to attach a
ledger board to the pool shell? The pool shell is 300mm thick
reinforced concrete, and I would drill in 50mm and insert an expanding
masonary bolt to hold the board. My pool builder has said he thinks it
will be fine and will not affect the integrity of the pool.

Has anyone else done this? Do you think this is a bad idea?

cheers

Bruiser

Personally I would hesitate to put any wood next to the pool. Especially if
the wood would drain into the pool. Wood, chlorine, water, sun, just a bad
combination as far as I am concerned.