Jim Yanik

"Ken" wrote in
oups.com:

I agree with the other posters- teach the kid or other offender, or
buy one of those clear lock-boxes with the vents, to install around
the thermostat. Any wall-mount lock-box could be adapted, just drill
enough holes for venting, but the clear ones are slightly less ugly.
Might have to go to a real supply house, not the big-box, to find
one. Or maybe if there is a cover over the buttons, just devise some
sort of lockout or seal for that. If you are handy, you could even
build a recessed cabinet into the stud space, mount the 'stat in
that, and put a locking glass door on the front, like an old-time
office fire alarm. Again, be sure to vent it, so the thing gets a
true reading of air temp.

aem sends...

Reminds me of a story I heard where the tenants kept an ice pack on
the locked thermostat in the winter time to get the house to heat up
more. I suppose you could do the reverse with a small space heater
blowing on the thermostat in the summer to get the A/C to go colder.

Ken

Just wrap some Xmas tree lights around it,the older large-bulb sort.
Or place one of those halogen lamps near it!

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik