Hell Toupee

Good Music wrote:

Has anyone else had or heard of anyone having problems with GE / Hotpoint
ranges that get some kind of short in the broiler which causes it to
suddenly light up as bright as the sun and start sparking & flaming, like a
road flare, right at the electrical connection on one end at the back wall
of the oven? And when you turn the oven control knob "off", and the
electric "power" light goes off, but the broiler stays energized and you
can't turn it off?

We had this happen today. It happened all of a sudden. We had the oven
(not the broiler) turned on on our GE / Hotpoint MODEL#: RB757 range (7
years old).

There's a recall on it:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml04/04576.html