Ed

I have only seen Alumilastic used with icemaker thermostats and never with a
defrost thermostat.
If it is just a defrost thermostat then the clip is all that's needed.

wrote

Hi,

I am replacing my bi-metal defrost thermostat from my side by side
Kenmore referigerator. I got bi-metal defrost thermostat and cement
alumilastic. How, or where do i apply the Alumilastic cement ? The
bi-metal defrost thermostat has a clip.

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

i am thinking of applying the alumilastic cement on the clip or to the
splice connector, but not certain as it does not have any specific
instructions. Also, is pig tail connector good for the splice
connection? or do i need a spcial type just for referigerator.

any advise would be appreciated!

Jay P.