Stormin Mormon

My best guess is bad starting components on the compressor. An appliance guy
can install a hard start kit, and you can have many years more service from
your freezer.

I've installed a bunch of hard start kits. The last time I talked with a
customer, he said Sears got him $180 for a hard start kit (Gemline) on his
refrig, and it lasted about a year. I charge much less than that (and use
Supco) and seldom have a callback.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Dennis Straussfogel" wrote in message
I have an old Westinghouse freezer (left behind by PO) that when plugged
in runs for half a second, stops, sits for about ten second, then kicks
on for another half second, stops, and so on. Any thoughts on what might
be wrong and if it's an easy fix (e.g. cleaning contacts, or whatever)
or best taken to the dump. TIA for any opinions.

Denny