Nick Hull

In article SJPOe.1366$N22.1122@trndny07,
"Jon Grimm" wrote:

We've also use the exhaust from a portable generator =)

Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote in message
I need to make sure it won't explode and was thinking about letting it
sit in the sun open for a few days then fill it completely with water.

Any other ideas?

I've used the exhaust port from a shop vacuum piped into the tank and
just let the vacuum run until you're done welding. Moves enough air
that there is no build-up of fumes..... I've also used water on
smaller lawn mower type tanks.

My father welded many truck fuel tanks; he filled them completely full
and had an assistant with a fire extinguisher put out the inevitable
fire. Never an explosion.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/