Ulysses

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
. ..

Just curious... do you use a saw for every cut or just the corner cuts?
I find it faster to user one of those scribe cutters for most straight
cuts and they do a good job. I rarely used my tile saw.

I used it for all the cuts my snap cutter would not cut 18" I did have to
use the peanut grinder and nippers on parts of some cuts. (Going around
door casing) If I was using smaller tile I would of used the snap cutter

it
is faster and allot quieter.

If you are taking about just straight cuts on floor tiles then all you need
is a glass cutter. Running pliers are helpful but not absolutely necessary
unless you are trying to trim off 1 inch or less.

I used one glass cutter to do a large kitchen, a bathroom, and an entry.
The cutter cost around $2 or $3. You just score and snap or use running
pliers at the end of the score and squeeze.

For inside corner cuts I used a round carbide hack saw blade that cost about
$6.

When I was done people wanted me to redo their tile floors because it looked
so much better than the "professional" job they paid for.