Sam Goldwasser

Franc Zabkar writes:

On 23 Aug 2005 17:42:45 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Franc Zabkar writes:

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:04:34 -0500, "Pszemol" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

What are the common voltage outputs from the power supply ?
I am repairing my first VCR with power supply issue and
cannot figure out what should I expect in good working one.

I see 21V and -7V and many other pins with 0V.

At the very least you must have +5V for the standby logic. You should
find it on the front PCB and/or on one of the three (?) pins of the
remote sensor.

There may not be a +5.

That's all I ever remember seeing. What other voltages are commonly
used?

I don't know what's common but there really isn't any requirement for
specifically 5 VDC in a VCR. It's not TTL. I seem to recall that the
typical Panasonic power supplies had something slightly off like 5.1 or 5.2
But no reason it can't be 6 V something else.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.