Nick Müller

Chuck Sherwood wrote:

I'm not that much a steamer ...

I was wondering how much piston/cylinder clearance is required.

The less the better. 2..3/100 mm is good enough (with a ring). Get a
good surface!

The bore is 1 inch and the stroke is 1 inch. The cylinder and piston
are both cast iron and the piston is suppose to have 1 ring.

The CI-ring will wear in and forgive your extra clearance.
In a first attempt, I would use the CI-ring. It will smoothen the
cylinder by time. Later, if you are not content, you can always fit a
teflon ring.

Should I stick with the CI ring or change to a teflon ring like
PM research uses?

It would be better, if your surface is very smooth. I've heard that the
"Vitron"-brand is best. I guess it's some kind of PTFE.

HTH,
Nick

--
Motormodelle / Engine Models: