I got an email response from the customer support. The guy said the
spoke with production and they told him it was possible to get to the
pin in question by using a dremel tool on the expoxy potting. The pin
seems to be broken within the wall of the speaker (about 5/8 inch
thick, corian like material). I've carefully dremelled enough material
away(about 1/2 inch depth) to see a bit of the rest of the pin.

Now I'm taking a break before I screw things up. I understand that one
can really f**k things up with a dremel tool.

I've ordered a replacement pin through a dealer so I can see what I'm
dealing with.

What I think I might do is get some more of the pin exposed and find a
place where I can place a proper solder point. I would then cut the
original pin at that point, cut the replacement pin to match and solder
them together. I'm sure this will be stronger than what I'm doing now
since when I pull the pin out in it's current state of disrepair there
is solder bonded to the external portion which I heated; it appears the
solder is not well bonded to the stump embedded in the speaker,
probably since that part isn't hot.