Don Foreman

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:04:09 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote: (clip) It would take some experimenting to get the
process right, but I wonder if one could make a fixture to spin-braze the
joint. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think your idea could be made to work, with adequate preparation. My idea
is an outgrowth of yours, and could possibly be a little easier. Instead of
"spin-brazing" how about "spot-brazing?" Use an electrical spot welder to
melt the filler material, instead of friction. It would not require the
alignment jig, nor the rotary input power. You would have to find someone
with a spot welder and a cooperative attitude, however.

What do you connect the other electrode to? The broken pin is down
in a hole.

I would worry about blowing the voice coil and/or affecting the
magnet with the current pulse.