chris French

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Adrian Brentnall" adrian-the papers and the wrote
in message

We put a real effort into presenting our last house well, finished off
lots of roundtuit jobs, decluttered etc. Some things we couldn't by then
do anything about, but we made the best of what we had, which was by
then looking very good. when the estate agent came round for taking
pictures I hardly recognised the house.

Yes - I know the feeling. It's the 'hey - this isn't a bad house...
why do we want to move' syndrome g

I always wonder why people put effort into making a house desirable for
other people rather than making it desirablefor themselves.

Well most of what we had done had been done for our benefit - things
like the new bathroom, the kitchen revamp, various re-decorations done
in previous years had been done for us. but about a year before we did
sell we realise we would probably end up having to leave Leeds, so it
made sense to do things with that in mind, because we were selling the
house, we had to sell and move ideally in a pretty tight window for the
move down here, and we wanted to get as much money as possible for it as
we wanted to buy another, bigger, inevitably more expensive house.

And while our house did look very nice when we sold it, I couldn't have
lived in in it like that for too long, keeping it that un-naturally tidy
was hard work......

Yes it would have been nice to to have been living with some of the
roundtuits for quite so long, but hey it's not the only thing in life
:-)
--
Chris French