Todd H.

"69strat" writes:
My wife and I had a house built in a new development which was on a
culdesac a couple years ago. It was nice and quiet, we took months to
find and pick the perfect spot. The builder was going to continue
building in the development but this was to stay a culdesac.

Oy. That sucks. Do you have anything in writing to that effect?

He bailed out right after we bought and sold off the land. The new
builder's are adding a street right next to our house.

This means now we lose all of our side property as it becomes an
easement. We can't put up a fence due to zoning laws on corner houses
here. Also some have said our taxes will increase being a corner
lot!

We are getting ready for our first born and wouldn't have bought a
corner lot with a lot of traffic. We also were getting ready to put up
the backyard fence and now find we can't. I feel betrayed. I don't
think there's anything i can do outside of selling, but wanted to know
for sure.

You have a legitimate gripe. I'd take it up locally with whatever
body rules on zoning. Perhaps you can get at least a variance to
allow you to erect some sort of fence to contain you progreny.
Otherwise, a move is the only likely recourse. A consultation with a
lawyer wise in real estate _litigation_ (as opposed to your garden
variety real estate attorney, but one of those might be able to help
too) might be money well spent too, to further assess your situation
and see what options might be available.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/