phaeton

The windows and replaning might be a little too much for me to handle
as a first project. The missus was talking about just hiring
professional for that, and i'm not offended in the least. It's almost
relieving. The rest of it sounds exciting though.

We're waiting on some callbacks from some outside financing
possibilities. It means in the end we pay more money, but I like this
idea because

1) it would remove the sellers from the financing completely. I feel
we can trust our local credit unions and/or banks, but I don't know if
we can trust these people anymore.

2) banks or mortgage lending houses have their own attorneys on tap and
can release the hounds if necessary.

As far as the fuel oil, it's all about principle, not the cost, but if
we get an outside mortgage we'll probably just pay it to avoid any
stupid complications. However, *without* outside financing, i would
worry that paying it would just give them a green light to try to
hassle us for other things.