Norminn

meirman wrote:
In alt.home.repair on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:21:18 GMT "Edwin Pawlowski"
posted:

"meirman" wrote in message
. ..

Am I obliged or at least in practice, if I want to get along with him,
stuck paying so much for part of the fence replacement with my
neighbor. I was prepared to pay 1/2 of 1/3 which I thought might be
30 or 40 dollars, but he says half of the one part we share is $125.

Picking nits. If the neighbor paid last time, looks like it is your
turn. I would pay, though, to keep my neighbor's DIY hack jobs out of
sight. You have a homeowner's association? Do they maintain common
elements?

One other way of doing it might be to hire a fence contractor, have them
bid it such that it states the portions each is responsible for, and
stating materials, finish, colors, etc. Shouldn't be a big deal, and
lots of people don't like cracked, patched fences. If you have
different tastes, each chooses two colors and styles, put them in a hat,
and have the contractor draw one.