Stormin Mormon

Dear Nick,
Thank you for your kind words.

Actually, yes, the gentleman did email me and say kind things. I had to
pick up some parts at one wholesale house, they didn't have the correct cap
size. A second parts house did have them. I went back about a week later,
and put in a new cap to replace the used one. (And dated the new cap with a
Sharpie marker).

The fellow says that the unit had been running pretty much all day. But
now with a professional cleaning, the unit runs colder, and shuts down
often.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

wrote in message

I had a much higher opinion of this trade before all the rude and
arrogant newsgroup rantings, none of which came from Stormin...
And when I see a collection of "experts" all claiming each other
are stupid and wrong, I look for more experts.

After some diagnosis, I found a couple of problems. One side of the breaker
not delivering power, and of course the GE incapacitor had managed to
disable the unit.

As it was Saturday afternoon, the parts houses were all closed. I'd brought
along a couple other capacitors that I had taken out of other equipment.

The

Wonder of wonders, the fan jumped to life, and the piston compressor

started
to make its usual compressor noise. I've got to go back and put in a new

cap
on Monday...

Sounds like a successful service call...

Nick