nightjar

"Autolycus" wrote in message
I've used three butane blowlamps, mainly for pipework, over the years (the
sort that use disposable canisters) and all of them have been prone to
flaring when you tilt them too far before they're fully warmed up.

I see that Machine Mart do a "proper" torch (Clarke FCSF109)

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product...7&r=2037&g=105

for £23.

Anyone tried one of these? Any good? Any similar recommendations?

I've used the Calor version for a number of years and have nozzles that
allow me to do anything from small part soldering to paint stripping
outdoors in a wind. I find the type with canisters to be a very pale
imitation.

Colin Bignell