James, Ros, Wayne, and Carneyke

Thanks for your responses! Will try to answer all your questions.

Before posting I checked the pressure switch: OK, drained the tank to
check if this made any difference: No, and then used a short hose to
run the well pipe outlet directly to a 5 gal bucket and measured ~1-2
gal output before the pump shut off.

There is an on-off switch next to the pump control box. I am thinking
that the contacts may have become bad because sometimes when I have
jiggled it when switching it on the control box light will come on and
the pump will run until the pressure switch shuts it off.

Sometimes during recent startups there is a vibrating noise from the
control box which was mentioned in a posting I read as a relay noise
indicative of a Bad relay.

Gene

wrote:
Recently our submersible well pump has been quiting after a few seconds
and pumping only 1-2 gallons water. The pump control box has a light
that goes on when the pump is running but has also not been working. I
opened the control box and tested the bulb contacts when the motor was
started. The AC voltage was ~0.

As a result am guessing there is a problem with the start relay.

Appreciate any tips or suggestions!

Thanks

Gene OHara

PS Is there any way to post or attach a drawing of this circuit?