Frank Boettcher

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:39:09 GMT, User Example
wrote:

Does anyone know where to look for info on working with cultured marble.
I'm interested in learning about polishing and smoothing cuts. And
how to join pieces together (I think they glue them with something and
then polish).

Anyway, any leads on the information would be appreciated. I just had
some panels installed in my shower and it looked pretty easy to do so I
think next time I will do it myself.

I don't think cultured marble can be seamed in the field. Has to have
a seam cover or molding. It is not like solid surface which can be
glued, then sanded and polished to look seamless. The pretty is only
on the surface with a type of gel coat that is put in the mold before
they pour. My experience is that most cuts are made where they can be
covered with a molding or butted to a wall.