Carolina Breeze HVAC

wrote in message
Carolina Breeze HVAC wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Good to let everyone see your true personality...

YOU are the reason the average homeowner thinks we all are idiots.

I had a much higher opinion of this trade before all the rude and
arrogant newsgroup rantings, none of which came from Stormin...
And when I see a collection of "experts" all claiming each other
are stupid and wrong, I look for more experts.

...allow me to post what you wrote about a return call to **** another
customer out of more money

Stormin Mormon Aug 7, 8:16 pm...

Writing to say thanks to Turtle, and a few others on the board. I got a
service call Saturday for "central AC not cooling". The fellow told me
over
the phone it's a Goodman. Hmm. Yeah, I'm thinking. Janijunk?

After some diagnosis, I found a couple of problems. One side of the
breaker
not delivering power, and of course the GE incapacitor had managed to
disable the unit.

As it was Saturday afternoon, the parts houses were all closed. I'd
brought
along a couple other capacitors that I had taken out of other equipment.
The
other one I put in also didn't work (hey, it's also a GE). So, crawling
along on my hands and knees, out of water, twenty miles from the oasis,
and
it's all I can do to keep crawling. Oh, sorry, that was the shipwreck.
Nevermind. Well, I did have another cap, though it had a higher farad
rating.
Not to worry. Wire it in, and push in the safety disconnect.

Wonder of wonders, the fan jumped to life, and the piston compressor
started
to make its usual compressor noise. I've got to go back and put in a new
cap
on Monday...

Sounds like a successful service call...

If you call that a success....then God help you.
That was a serious ****ing of a customer, and Chris just admitted yesterday,
that hes NOT been back, that the units still running with the wrong parts on
it, and hes gonna continue.

So..you have a compressor issue, and you would let this unlicenced,
uninsured guy with none of the proper tools or training tell you that you
need a new one?
Even if hes right, hes still admitted to not having the proper tools to
install it, so anything he does, is a test on his ability, with you as the
guinia pig.

Nick