Tony Williams

Default Speed cameras (Was: New Electrical Regulations)

In article ,
parish parish_AT_ntlworld.com wrote:

I read some figures in a newspaper last week which showed that,
over the last 12 months, the number of speeding prosecutions had
rocketed (no surprise really) but that prosecutions for
dangerous driving had fallen dramatically (double figure %age
IIRC), and prosecutions for burglary had fallen similarly. The
point was being made that the Police are devoting excessive
resources to speeding and cameras at the expense of other, more
serious, offences. I think the burglary figures were included to
show that not only non-speeding motoring offences were affected.

That was the subject of a post I made in another ng a
few weeks ago. It was from a nice piece by the HTV news.

The police had a speeding blitz near a village in the SW,
and at the end of it proudly put up a sign saying something
like "1392 speeding motorists caught in this period".

Then some wag added below it: "and 0 burglars caught".

--
Tony Williams.