Wow, thanks for all the responses everyone!

Here is a pic of the ceiling to the "attic space" to the roof rafter.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41a50...3IrCDBOldFdIcO

The minimium amount of insulation could be the green arrow(about four
inches). However, I would like to go to the red arrow (about 6-7
inches but below the knob and tube wiring). The insulation companies
that I called said they would do a R-30 rating, so the knob and tube
would be covered, as soon with the yellow arrow.

Also, I'm selecting celloluse because of the low cost, natural material
and flame resistant. I'm thinking about the Cocoon brand that can be
viewed online at http://www.cocooninsulation.com

Thanks again,
kelly

wrote:
Cellulose is treated with flame retardant. That same flame retardant
(boric
acid) is a fine insecticide(snip)

That would work. I stand corrected.-Jitney