Dragonfire Dragonfire is offline
Junior Member

Send a message via MSN to Dragonfire
Thumbs up

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Todesco
When I did my remodel 12 years ago, I
used the "thin" 7 watt fluorescents.
I mounted them in the 1" space under the
cabinet. I also built a thin wood
cover to finish the cabinet bottom,
leaving a hole for the light. I had to add
about 1/8" finished wood spacer between
the cabinet bottom and the new
cover to make it all work. I think I
actually saw some new 7 watt units which
were even thinner than mine, so the
spacer wouldn't be necessary. Some
may question the small wattage (7
watts), however, we find them quite
adequate.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Dragonfire" wrote in message
news
Hey all. We are thinking of redoing our kitchen and were thinking that
under cabinet lighting would be a nice addition. I know that the
hardwired version uses a transformer, but my big question is do the
lights mounted under the cabinet protrude up into the cabinets and take
away space? (kind of defeats the purpose)

The lights I saw at the diy store seem kind of big to go under the
cabinets.

I don't know what type of lights you are looking at, but we have a $10 thin
fluorescent light that does the job. Two screws to hold it and plug it in.