Martin H. Eastburn

Don Murray wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

I was a professor for years and aided Electric Power and Transmission
companies
and Electric service companies in learning and teaching - and
understanding odd things.

Martin

I'd really like to know the specifics of the odd things. I really have a
fascination for the odd and unusual in the electrical industry.

Don

I was cleaning up my new desk - less than half the size of the older "Everlast"
I have now in the shop. (All metal with a 1939 floor top.) (has the drill holes
for locks and all.) I ran across an old IR - International Rectifier handout -
that I generated years ago. I was a great (and still am) fan of IR. Power!
http://www.irf.com/indexsw.html There are application notes on IGBTS and such that
control power hogs. Motors and heaters...
I'm taking an1045 from http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes.htm#acdc
in the shop to verify or not some full wave power bridges I have.

My old version - General information - Silicon Rectifier Circuit diagrams -
Has six phase - Uses a Wye and a Delta driving a common array of 6 rectifiers each
that are tied anodes to - and cathode (the bar on the rectifier) to either end of
a winding - the delta diodes to one end, wye to the other - the center tap is the +.
I don't see it as a buck or a boost, simply two series inductors that tie together.
(that was a parallel bridge) The series bridge is the same without the inductor

The other odd ball one is the Triple Diametric three phase which has El/Edc - No load rms voltage
divided by no load dc voltage. It matches the full wave center tap supply of 2.22 has a 6f
ripple frequency and a 180 degree conduction cycle.
A double wye - using 6 diodes conducts for only 120 degrees.

some interesting notes - Thyristors - relay controls - on the archive site
http://www.irf.com/technical-info/anarchive.html

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn