Pete C

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:45:49 +0000 (UTC), "Hzatph"
wrote:

I would suspect that, but both these items are switched off. We have kept a
log of things that trip the RCD and it is a long list - there is no regular
pattern.

Hi,

I wonder if the neutrals on the the two consumer units are connected
somewhere, maybe on a lighting circuit.

Does the TV trip the RCD on switch on? If so it's probably the large
current draw from the degauss circuit.

A good way to track down the fault would be isolate each L-N circuit
in turn by disconnecting the neutral as well as just pulling the fuse.

Be very careful though, no responsibility accepted if you fry
yourself! :^)

cheers,
Pete.