Set Square

John Rumm wrote:

OK, I just did a quick test beam in superbeam for you: 3m span, C16
timber of 50x150mm configured as a load sharing system. Assuming a
uniform floor load of 0.8kN/m (i.e. the floor and no other dead load
structural elements like walls etc)

I would be more interested to see a superbeam calc for the purlin - having
to hold the roof up all on its own, once the stud wall under it has been
removed. [I may be wrong, but I suspect that the purlin is currently
supported all along its length by load-bearing walls which go all the way
down to ground level].
--
Cheers,
Set Square