JM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Assuming there is not some 50KW transmitting tower within one mile,
what is the ac line voltage reading at your house?

120.5 vac, +/- about .2 volts.

You are allowing the degauss circuit to activate after the unit has
been sitting in each new location off for a while.

Yes, and it has had no effect.

I took the monitor to work today, about 10-15 km away, and the problem was
present there. I'm going to leave it for now until the tech is back from
vacation at the repair shop, and I'm back from my vacation, so it'll be in a
couple of weeks. I'll see if I can bring it by the shop again with my
laptop and double check that it's not happening there... again. I'll take a
UPS with me in the car and run it on battery for the trip over, just in case
it happens to magically clear up somewhere on the trip over.

I'll post the results of that adventure when the time comes

Thanks for all the replies in the meantime.